Balder Denmark has a new CEO. Flemming Joseph Jensen tells Nordic Property News about his long partnership with Erik Selin, what his main tasks in Denmark are and whether he needs to double up his work or not. “I will not be sitting with two caps.”
Starting from 1 April 2019, Flemming Joseph Jensen will take over as CEO of Balder Denmark. Flemming Joseph Jensen will retain his current position as CEO of Sjaelsö Management and will divide his working time between the two businesses.
Erik Selin tells more about what caused Balder to hit in England – and why he doesn’t fear Brexit.
Swedish real estate hotshots Erik Selin, Greg Dingizian and Peter Strand has formed a new company focusing on logistics. Chairman Peter Strand tells Nordic Property News of the the structure of the company and why the chose to focus on logistics.
Erik Selin, Greg Dingizian, Peter Strand and Mikael Hofmann initiates a warehouse and logistics venture – Swedish Logistics Property.
In an agreement with Stockholms Travsällskap as selling parts Balder has acquired future building rights of some about 83 000 sqm, corresponding to six blocks of housing and commercial premises for both commerce and local service.
September 15 2008 the figurative bomb exploded on Wall Street when Lehman Brothers folded and set off the financial crisis. Now that a decade has pasted Nordic Property News rehashes the events of the crisis, the effect it had on the Swedish real estate market and see into the future as to what will set off the next crisis with Erik Selin, CEO of Balder, Hans Wallenstam, CEO of Wallenstam, and Sven-Olof Johansson, CEO of Fastpartner.
As a part in Balder’s investment in Backaplan, one of the big urban development areas in Gothenburg, they have now acquired a commercial property consisting of 9,000 sqm of existing space and future office construction rights of approximately 21,000 sqm.
Balder, together with Folkets Hus and the hotel operator Nordic Choice, has entered into an agreement to develop, construct and operate the new hotel at Järntorget in Gothenburg.
Fastighets AB Balder will be a so-called anchor partner in the work on Väsby Entré in Upplands Väsby, and will develop more than half of the project.
Earlier this spring Sweden's largest listed real estate company, Balder, made its first acquisition in Norway as well as several acquisitions in the other Nordic markets. For Nordic Property News, CEO Erik Selin gives his views on the Nordic region's future development.
Swedish real estate giant Balder keeps showing strong numbers. CEO Erik Selin tells Nordic Property News what possibilities the company sees on the declining housing market.
Swedish giant Balder conitinues to invest in Norway. This time by acquiring a EUR 40M property in Oslo from Skanska. CEO Erik Selin tells Nordic Property News what sparked this expansion out west.
Starwood Capital Group has made a public cash offer to the shareholders of Swedish listed residential company Victoria Park. Owners of 31.5 percent share of the votes – including main owner Greg Dingizian and Balder CEO Erik Selin – have accepted the offer. Erik Selin tells Nordic Property News why and his thoughts on the process.
Swedish giant Balder makes new big hotel investment. The company's CEO Erik Selin tells Nordic Property News on the importance of the hotel portfolio, entering a new market region and the collaboration with Norwegian hotel mogul Petter Stordalen.
Balder has made their first large retail property ever by paying close to MSEK 795 (EUR 81M) for 421 in Gothenburg. Erik Selin tells Nordic Property News more about the fast deal – and open up for more purchases in the new segment.
Fastighets AB Balder has entered into an agreement to acquire all the properties in the I.A Hedin Fastighet AB group from Anders Hedin Invest AB. The agreed value of the properties will amount to SEK 4.150 billion (EUR 434M) after completion of ongoing new and re-constructions.
Skandrenting, owned by Erik Selin, has purchased the electronics company Mycronic’s headquarters in Täby.
Balder has now made their first acquisition in Norway – Balder acquires Hedmark University of Applied Sciences for MNOK 700 (€75M).
Fastighet AB Balder has bought FIH’s share of 49 percent in Sjaelsö Management ApS. The remaining 51 percent is unchanged owned by Sjaelsö Management's CEO Flemming Joseph Jensen.
Balder and the Third National Swedish Pension Fund (AP3) creates a joint venture for investments in housing properties in Sweden. “We have to wait and see the magnitude of this” Balder’s CEO Erik Selin tells Nordic Property News.
Balder and Backahill creates the new company Brinova. The aim is set for listing the company in 2016.
Balder, listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, acquires 21 percent of Sato, a Finnish real estate company focused on residential properties.